Project Status Update
First off, this project is not dead but still very much in the works. The reason there haven’t been any updates since the end of February is because I’ve been ill since that time. I still am ill but I’m trying to get back to work in spite of it. Also, a very sweet person of whom I’m a fan of their models offered to create the very important Mapstones props for me after I had no luck creating them myself. I sent her the sketch I created of my idea for them and she actually made them exactly as I had imagined! Very impressive work! As soon as she sends me the models and I add textures, I’ll post them on the Concept Art page in the Props section. This generous gift has spurred me to get back to work on the project now rather than waiting until I feel better.
The first thing I’m going to do now that I am officially back to work on this project is go back over the story and edit as needed. I’ve been thinking a lot about certain parts while I’ve been sick and keep thinking some scenes are just bloat while others need to be expanded. Once I finish that, I’ll go back to work on the concept art for locations, props, etc. I may create some more Promotional Art to help me get back into the spirit of things as well.
Last night, I printed out Story Draft #5 (all 74 pages of it!) because I was having trouble reading it on my laptop screen. I am now going through the story, line by line, to edit and improve as needed. I’m cutting out the bloat while adding more detail and trying to improve/streamline the dialog. Once I finish going through this draft and finalize my notes for it, I may write a Story Draft #6 depending on if I make any more big changes. So far I think I can just edit Draft #5 but if I need to make any more major changes, I’ll just need to write a new draft.
During my breaks from editing/writing, I am also working on creating the ACEO Trading Cards for each main character. These will be offered both for sale as sets and as donation gifts once completed. I’m still trying to nail down the basic design of them so it will still be a while before I have them finished and ready for printing. Stay tuned!
Before I forget (which I did before hitting the publish button on this post) I updated several concept art pieces including the following locations: Dorm Room and Wander Magazine Office plus the Prop concept for Vril Crystals and the logo concept for the Vril Society. I also added a new Prop concept post for the Vril-ya Key. All can be found on the Concept Art page.
That’s all for now as I have a lot of work to get done now. Thanks for reading and following this project!